Sunday, November 12, 2017

Pierced! Part One: How Did I Get Here?

It’s been 10 days since I had my nose pierced.  I know some people were surprised that I would do it… hey, I even surprised myself!  I am 44, after all!  Am I having a mid-life crisis?  Have I left the faith?  Am I becoming worldly?  I think the answer is No to all of the above. 

Sean wanted this here... smh 😉
All my pictures are flipped, so the piercing is actually on my right, not my left.

While I am not a stranger to piercings (I have two in each ear and even once had a navel piercing), a nose piercing wasn’t something that I had “always wanted to do”.  In fact, years ago, I would have cast some negative judgment when I saw a woman with her nose pierced.  The Lord has forgiven me… I thank Him for growth.  Now, here I am with MY nose pierced.  Anyway, fast forward to what brought me to this place.

I had been seeing more women with nose piercings and my reasoning for wanting one was simply… drumroll please… that I thought they were pretty.  Probably, the fact that Sean had agreed to let me do it was what most surprised people.  The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Hey Hon, I think I want to get my nose pierced.  What do you think?
Sean:  I think, No.
Me:  I’m not talking about wearing anything big, just something small and subtle like {had to drop the names of some respected nose-pierced friends} wear.
Sean:  Okay, then go ahead.

See, that didn’t take long! 

Next, came about a week’s worth of prayer and research.  I read many articles and watched a number of Youtube videos, even the ones of people getting theirs pierced.  Yeah, that was enough to make me want to run the other way, but I soldiered on. 

I know some godly women who look lovely with their nose piercings.  Before taking the plunge, I consulted with two such lovely ladies, asking them questions about their experiences – how long have you had them, why did you get one, how do you care for it, what do you do when you have to blow your nose…. all the important stuff.  Thank you, A & D!  ~In Christ, Talya

Next:  Pierced!  Part Two:  So, Then What?

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks awesome, before to long you will forget your wearing it, until someone says "Hey you got your nose pierced" because it will sparkle in the sun and catch off guard. It will take time to completely heal but after it does, you will be able to wear tiny cute and colorful nose studs like the rest of us. You have the perfect nose for it. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Debbie! You were one of my inspirations. Thank you for sharing your nose piercing experience with me. It helped calm some fears. :-) Love you too!

      Delete