Sunday, November 12, 2017

Pierced! Part Two: So, Then What?

I read reviews of all the local piercing establishments and settled on the place that had the highest ratings, Sadu Body Modifications.  One neat thing is that they ONLY do piercings, so they should really know what they’re doing. 

Looks like a place of horrors, really! 


Sean took me to get it done.  The building looked a little, uh, unique on the outside, but it was clean, though dimly lit, on the inside.  At that point, Sean was more enthusiastic than me, wanting me to get a larger, red or green jewel.  But, hey, I have to keep it in for at least the next 6 months without changing it, so I needed a more neutral color!  I settled on a small (still a little larger than I originally wanted) champagne-colored jewel.  The metal is titanium. 

I was the only customer there, so once the “master piercer” arrived and sterilized my jewelry, I was led into what looked like a small, very bright, doctor’s exam room.  My piercer, Dianna, was friendly and professional.  She put a dot on my nose to see if the placement was how I wanted it, then she had me lie on the exam table.  You know that paper stuff dentists clip around you as a sort of “bib” when you get a cleaning?  Dianna poked a hole in a piece of that “paper” and fit it over my nose so that my nose was exposed for her to see, but the rest of my face was covered.  I felt her manipulating my nose, then she told me I would feel a small pinch, then a harder one.  I don’t think she counted down or anything, but she did tell me to take a deep breath and let it out.

Next thing I knew, it felt like my right nostril was being squeezed with pliers by a very, very strong man for three seconds.  In reality, Dianna placed a clip on my nostril then stuck a needle though the holes in the clip and through my nostril.  She removed the clip, leaving the needle stuck there while she gathered the jewelry.  Surprisingly, the pain only lasted the three seconds it took her to get the needle through.  After she placed the jewelry, my nose was sore, but just barely.

Since then, I’ve been cleaning the piercing with saline twice per day and trying not to touch it or get it bumped or snagged by anything or anyone.  Apparently, it is easy for these piercings to become inflamed, often creating a little bump near the piercing site.  At this moment, my piercing is not sore at all, but I am to keep up the cleaning and hands-off regimen for the next 6 months.  I wish I knew all this stuff when I had my navel piercing.  Maybe I would have cared for it better and kept it longer. 


All my pictures are flipped, so the piercing is actually on my right, not my left.


I like my piercing.  At ten days in, I don’t regret getting it done.  I have received a positive response to the piercing from family and friends.  Perhaps, those who disapprove have chosen to remain silent or haven’t said anything yet – I respect that.  ~In Christ, Talya

No comments:

Post a Comment