Sunday, November 12, 2017

Pierced! Part Three: You're a Christian, Right?

What about God’s Word?  While I do not believe there to be an express prohibition on all tattoos or body piercings, I consider it a matter of conscience to be taken prayerfully before the Lord.  One’s heart’s motive for doing anything is critically important.  We should do all things for the glory of the Lord (1 Corinthians 10:31). 

Further, I had to consider whether I was seeking to exalt my outer adornment as cautioned against in 1 Peter 3:3-4.  To that end, I purposely chose a small nose stud.  From a short distance, you can’t see it, and apparently, some people don’t even notice it when I am standing two feet away from them!  LOL!  This article, "What does the Bible say about nose rings/getting a nose ring?"was helpful.  

Do I see my piercing as a gateway into a mission field?  No more than anything else.  If the Lord chooses to use it, perhaps to strike up a conversation to share what He has done in my life, then I hope to be submitted and respond obediently.  In the same way, I don’t see long hair, short hair, or my two sets of ear piercings as serving a distinct purpose of evangelism. 

I hope this three-part series gave insight into my new nose piercing.  I am a newbie, but if you have any questions about the early days of a nose piercing, comment below or message me and I can share what I’ve experienced.  ~In Christ, Talya
All my pictures are flipped, so the piercing is actually on my right, not my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment