So, where are we in the process?
In July, we contacted the placing agency to express our interest in BG. Another family had already expressed an interest, but they think it's best to have a couple families to choose from. We had a phone consultation with the adoption recruiter, BG's caseworker, and a representative from the agency that completed our home study for Isaiah's adoption. They told us more about BG and her background and asked if we still wanted to proceed. Uh, yes! J
At the end of August, we began our 10 weeks of MAPP training, which ended on October 27. In the middle of all that, we completed physicals, background checks, fingerprints, loads of paperwork, and requested references from some people we love and appreciate very much -- thanks, guys! Even Josiah had to draw a picture of what his family would look like with BG as a part of it.
At the end of November, we had our home assessment visit. Now, we are waiting for our home assessment update to be written, submitted and approved. After that comes the huge step of the Best Interest Staffing (BIS). It is at the BIS that BG's adoptive family will be chosen by the professionals involved in her case -- as far as I know, it will either be us or the other family. We don't yet know when the staffing will be. Although we think we are perfect for BG, the other family may be a better fit... only the Lord knows.
Please join us in prayer:
- That we will trust the Lord and continue to seek His guidance throughout this process
- That He will protect the hearts of all of us involved -- BG, the other family, and our family
- That we will not live in a spirit of fear over what may or may not come to pass
- That Sean and I will seek to parent any child in our home in ways that glorify Him
- That we will be sensitive to the needs of a child who comes from very hard places
In Christ, Talya
Find Part 1 here
Find Part 1 here